Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Welcome to Cowboy Kisses



Welcome to the debut of Cowboy Kisses, home of western romance, and a place to showcase the genre I love the best.  For the next several days, I'll be posting blurbs/ excerpts from my own historical western novels, and eventually, I'll be sharing the spotlight with some very talented friends who also write passionate and exciting western romance.  I hope you'll follow my blog or plan to come back often.  Without further ado, I'm starting with my 2003 debut novel, since re-worked and re-recontracted with Eternal Press.  The original Prairie Peace earned a 4-star review from Romantic Times.  This, back when ebooks were new and not highly thought of.  I was so stoked, and I still am every time someone expresses their pleasure in reading my work.

Let me introduce you to Cecile, Walt, and Lone Eagle.  If you love cowboys and Indians...you're in for a treat:


In the 1860's, Cecile Palmer is the envy of the single girls of Spring City and the object of every young man's fancy-until she experiences love at first sight. She meets and weds Walt Williams in less than a week. The newlyweds journey to her husband's newly-purchased ranch and a life for which this naive and pampered only child is ill-equipped. A series of events turns her life upside-down. An injured Indian brave stumbles into her doorway while her husband is away. Destiny changes Cecile's life in a way she could never have imagined. She discovers she's pregnant, and when her husband doesn't return with the winter supplies, Lone Eagle offers to take her to winter with his people. She accepts his offer, knowing her chance of surviving the winter on her own is not good. Then a trader comes to the village with evidence Walt may still be alive. Cecile now faces a difficult decision. Self-sacrifice, betrayal and lasting love lay on the rocky road ahead.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than a good cowboy and Indian story to spark the imagination and give a peak into the past....

Alison E. Bruce said...

Oooh I do like that cowboy. I'd accept a kiss from him any time.

Nice looking blog too.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Sounds like a great book!

Ciara Gold said...

Hey Ginger! Love the photo of you on the sidebar. Wishing you a ton of success with your new blog.