Monday, December 19, 2016

A Kiss under the Mistletoe


www.laurirobinson.blogspot.com


For my blog post today, I’d like to share a mistletoe kiss that will forever be one of my favorite Christmas memories. This is Hayley, our seven year old granddaughter, who, like most children her age, loves everything about Christmas. 

Shortly after Hayley arrived at our house last Friday evening, she asked me if Papa liked where the mistletoe was hanging. (She had offered her suggestions of where I should hang it several weeks before I’d even thought about putting out Christmas decorations, and was glad to see I’d put it where she’d suggested.) 

I had to be honest and tell her I didn’t think he’d noticed it. If I’d been thinking, I’d have grabbed my phone and recorded what happened next. 

She went over to Papa who was in a conversation with our son and had no idea of what was about to happen. With nothing more than the curl of a finger, she asked him to follow her. Without questioning, he followed her across the room. When she stopped and once again curled her finger for him to kneel  down, he did. 

She then kissed his cheek, but it was the sparkle in her eyes that made the moment so special when she then pointed up to the mistletoe hanging overhead and giggled.

My wish for all of you is that someone very special will lead you beneath the mistletoe this year.
Merry Christmas.
Lauri

No comments: